Friday, April 17, 2009

Pop Art

I've always been a fan of shirts with vintage* prints. It makes me feel so artsy or cool. And somehow, it adds some character to my style.
Then, I saw this Andy Warhol print in...I think it was a F&H shirt [I'm just not sure] and was like, who is he? Sooo, I googled him and voila! I discovered Pop Art. [I'm totally new to this thing since I haven't taken AH5 yet.]
Okay, so I'm not actually going to discuss the history and the concept of Pop Art. It's for you to google. Haha. Anyway, I've never actually thought that those shirts with vintage prints [and so are some bags or notebooks etc.] are Pop Art inspired! And now, I'm loving it because honestly, from what I've discovered, and based from my opinion, the introduction of Pop Art was the most creative thing that was ever introduced in the advertising industry.

And this explains why I made this:

Andy Warhol


Roy Lichtenstein [Another fave]


Billy Apple [Genius!]


Richard Hamilton


*as in not the 20th century vintage [1950s to be specific]



xxxx
-M-

No comments:

Post a Comment